Bodies of the Energy Agency
The bodies of the agency are the director and the six-member council of the Energy Agency.
The Energy Agency's director
Director of the Energy Agency is Duška Godina, who is responsible for performing the following tasks:
- representing the Agency in legal transactions;
- issuing the acts of the Agency;
- managing the Agency and its operation;
- deciding on the employment rights of Agency employees;
- determining the internal organisation of the Agency and job classification;
- appointing Agency executives;
- is responsible for the lawfulness of the Agency's work.
The Director is appointed by the Council for the term of office of 6 years.
Internal organizational units of the Energy Agency:
- director's office
- departments for:
- Network Regulation
- Economic Regulation
- Renewable Energy
- Development and Market Monitoring
- Legal Affairs
- Common Services
The Council's tasks:
- adopting general acts of the Agency in view of exercising public authority;
- issuing consents to those general acts of performers of energy sector activities requiring the agreement of the agency in compliance with this Act;
- adopting the work programme, the financial plan and the business report of the Agency;
- adopting the Report on the state of the energy sector prepared by the Agency;
- supervising the legality of the work of the Director and the fulfilment of the Agency's duties in terms of results and performance;
- appointing and dismiss the Director;
- carrying out other duties in compliance with this Act and the general act of the Agency.
The Chair and members of the Council are appointed by the National Assembly for a term of office of six years.
The Chair and members are not employees of the Energy Agency.
The Council is composed by:
Romana Jordan, Chairwoman, a term of office of six years (until June 2026)
Borut Bratina, a term of office of six years (until June 2026)
Aleš Ferlež, a term of office of six years (until June 2026)
Maks Babuder, Deputy of Chairwoman, a term of office of six years (until June 2023)
Mitja Breznik, a term of office of six years (until June 2023)
Sandi Šterpin, a term of office of six years (until June 2023)